The CMCL-FAIMER Regional Institute (CMCL-FRI), based at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India, is a two-year fellowship program for health professions faculty who have the potential to improve medical education at their schools. Approximately 16 fellowships are offered each year. The fellowship is designed to teach education methods, scholarship, and leadership skills, and to develop an active, supportive professional network among educators.
Applications are now CLOSE for CMCL-FAIMER FELLOWSHIP-2019
All the applicants have been intimated about status, pls check spam/junk folder.
Note:Change of institute after selection will lead to cancellation of selection as institutional profile & support is also considered during selection. Hence, any change of institute should be promptly intimated to us.
Travel to Ludhiana: Ludhiana is well connected by trains from all major cities of India. The most convenient is Shatabadi express in the morning as well as in the afternoon. There is also AirIndia flight from New Delhi to Ludhiana on alternate days, but it is frequently cancelled in the winter season whenever there is fog. You can also take flight to Chandigarh and than a taxi (Uber, Ola-book by app after landing, Rs 799-1500). It is apprx 100 kms and takes 2 hours.
Link to Nomination form Click here
link to reference letter Click here
As mentioned in terms and conditions in application submitted by applicant, Any canvassing by applicant
or on his/her behalf will lead to disqualification of the application.
To apply to CMCL-FRI, please click here.
To request more information on the program via e-mail, please click here.
Follow us of Facebook
Session-I Fellows 2019 29 Jan-4Feb, 2019. (Year 1)
Session-III Fellows 2018 3-7 Feb, 2019 (Year 2)
Session-V Fellows 2017 4-5 Feb, 2019 (Graduation)
Session II and IV are online sessions
Bios and Photos
Click here for Bios and Photos of Fellows 2019
Click for Bios and Photos of Fellows 2018
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2017
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2016
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2015
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2014
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2013
Click for Bios and Photos of selected fellows 2012
Click for Bios & Photos of Fellows. 2011
CME on “Horizons in Medical Education”
conducted on 8th February, 2015
CMCL-FRI is sponsored by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER®). By working to advance health professions education in India, CMCL-FRI supports FAIMER’s mission of improving global health by improving education.
For more details about below mentioned click on ‘News’ section on upper right corner of home page
- Dr. Tejinder Singh, awarded NBE Excellence Award (Eminent Alumnus) by Hon. Vice President of India. 2014 (2018).
- Dr. Dinesh Badyal, was awarded Masters in Health Profession Education (MHPE) with Merit by Keele University, UK (2018).
- Dr. Dinesh Badyal, published second edition of his book “Practical Manual of Pharmacology” (Jaypee Publishers).
- International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research (IJABMR) published a special issue in Medical Education
- Soumendra Sahoo, CMCL 2012- awarded ‘MaGEX”; Manipal Global Excellence award
- Himanshu Pandya CMCL2007-Appointed Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and President of the AHPE
- Shubha Gade (CMCL2010) is now Executive Editor of Journal of Education Technology in Health Sciences
- Dr. Tejinder Singh has been awarded Dr. B C Roy Award for eminent medical teacher by the MCI. The award will be given away by the President of India on 1st July 2016
- Dr Dinesh Badyal, becomes Member, Reconciliation Board, MCI
- The team of FAIMER fellows (Dr. Chetna Desai & Dr. Dinesh Badyal) brought out Special Issue of Indian Journal of Pharmacology entitled “Revising and innovating Pharmacology Education”
- Dr. Dinesh Badyal, delivered prestigious Prof. G. Achari oration, at 49th Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society held at PGI, Chandigarh in October, 2016.
- Dr. Dinesh Badyal becomes Senior Editor, Indian Journal of Pharmacology.
- Dinesh Badyal, was awarded the prestigious “Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal Award” by Global Economic Progress & Research Association (GEPRA).
Dr. Tejinder Singh was awarded Excellence in Medical Education award by National Board of Examination (under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India)
- Dr. Chetna Desai elected Chief editor of IJP
- Dr Dinesh Badyal Gets ML Gupta Award in Medical Education
- Dr. Tejinder Singh & Dr. Anshu’s book on Assessment
- Dr. Dinesh Badyal gets Best Poster Award in International Conf in Med Education
- Dr. Tejinder Singh awarded Eminent Alumnus Award for Medical Education by National Board of Examinations
Dr. Tejinder Singh conducts 15th workshop on Student Mentoring at SIMSRC, Bengaluru in January 2015.
Dr. Tejinder Singh appointed Adjunct Visiting Professor at Manipal Academy of Professional Development.
The centre conducting their 19th Basic course in Medical education in Sept, 2017.
5th advance course was conducted in Sept, 2017.
Converting a Dream into a Reality: Dinesh Badyal Discusses the Unexpected Outcomes of his Fellow Innovation Project
10 Years CMCL-FAIMER Book
The book reflects the journey of 10years of CMCL-FAIMER institute and its fellows.